Slammed

Slammed - Colleen Hoover This Review may contain spoilers. You've been warned!

Even though I wasn't a huge fan of hopeless, I decided to read slammed anyway and I'm very glad I did. The story is about Layken who just lost her dad and then moves with her mom and little brother to Michigan. The first few minutes she's there, she meets Will. A nice loveable guy who she falls head over heels with. after they've spent a bit of time together, they find out something that pulls the rug out from under them. While they try to deal with this a few other things happen that I won't spoil here.

I found some parts of the story predictable, but unlike in hopeless, I didn't bother me at all. the writing was good and the story didn't turn majorly mushy - which was one of the main reasons I didn't like hopeless. I liked Layken and I liked Will. I loved all the other characters in their lives, especially their little brothers.

Good book, fun book, incredibly sad book that really made me tear up at some points. It's not a very light read, but it is beautiful story and I'd recommend it!