The Air He Breathes

The Air He Breathes - Brittainy C. Cherry 2.5/5 stars

minor spoiler alert!

Excuse me for errors in spelling or weird sentences, as it's almost 1:30 am over here.

I'm just truly disappointed. Due to the great reviews I was expecting a wonderful story and what I got was, well, kind of a mess. It certainly took a turn for the worst.
Their romance starts out really weird and a bit sick and it just felt off. Then things move really fast all of a sudden and I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't feel any chemistry, and I didn't enjoy reading it.

The big reveal that caused a hiccup waa predictable and not necessary. The final 20% or something just came out of nowhere, was very much over the top and somehow just didn't feel in sync with the story itself - to add suspense is fine, but at least make it fit the story and don't just throw it in quickly for a shock effect. Somehow, it just didn't work here.
After that it all just got a bit too cheesy and we get yet another weird coincedence.

Was it all bad? No. I liked most of the characters and Emma was very cute. I really enjoyed some parts, but the things I mentioned above just make it impossible for me to rate it higher.
I think this mostly just wasn't the book for me.